View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Aunt Bean-
By all means do start a thread on your findings. I would suggest that the title include the name itself to make future searches a little easier. I did a brief search and it does look like it has high potential. Keep us posted. -Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Having good results so far with Rhodiola rosea.....have only taken 3 doses of l-dopa tincture since Saturday morning and functioning well. I only take the tincture if my finger-tapping with my left hand becomes slow. That is what my normal test for actually needing tincture is anyway...so I am used to checking the tapping several times a day anyway. Usual dose is a dropperfuls 5 to 6 times a day. Saturday required NONE. Amazing! Took one half dose this morning before driving to town to play music with the senior string band. What I read on Rhodiola rosea is that it re-builds dopamine and should be studied for PD....well, I am studying it!!
Arsippe...I have foot writhing sometimes and hands tremor some when low on dopamine (used to couldn't go to sleep at nite at all because my foot was peddling off somewhere (but it didn't take me with it.....just kept me awake....if I did fall asleep, I drooled so bad that that would wake me up and I slept with a wash cloth under my mouth...Those were NOT the good ole days!) I can live with me now.
Should I start a post just on Rhodiola rosea and the pages I written down???????
It would be a very long post.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (01-16-2013)