View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alcohol Triggering Symptoms or Migraines?

I was diagnosed with a serious concussion at the beginning of august 2012. For two months I was in and out of my PCP with horrible symptoms.. after two months of rest and being miserable I slowly got better to the point where I had no symptoms and was back to my regular self.

Two months went by symptom free so I thought I was in the clear. During that two months I drank a few times and felt no repercussions, I felt fine the next morning besides a small hangover. Then the Saturday after Thanksgiving I went out with friends to watch the fsu/uf game, I got pretty tuned up, but didn't hit my head or anything. The next morning I woke up with a hangover, but throughout that next week at work it got progressively worse until all my symptoms came back in full force.

For the past month and a half or so, I've been resting for a week or 2 and then I feel fine and then I will have a few beers with friends and it seems like my symptoms come back the next day anytime I get drunk. Is this because I was heavily intoxicated when the Concussion occurred?? That's the only thing I can really understand.

I've had 2 neurologist tell me they don't think its PCS because I was symptom free for 2 months.. I've been told by multiple people that it might be migraines that are being caused by the alcohol since the accident. I was wondering if any of you had an input and if anyone here recovered and was able to start drinking alcohol regularly again without having to worry about your symptoms rushing back? I am 24 and was a college athlete, so I'm hoping in time my body will recover. I just started doing physical therapy this week and have not drank in 2 weeks and right now almost feel symptom free, but I know if I got out and have a good time with a few drinks, all my symptoms will come back.

I just want to know if I will ever be my normal self again and not have to worry about this always happening. I want to be able to cut loose and have a good time with friends and family without having to worry about my symptoms coming back. Will that ever happen?
drod313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote