View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I would look at fructose consumption. 1 in 3 people cannot handle foods with fructose. This includes fruits of course. If apples /pears and juices made from these fruits cause your inflammation...that would be your answer.

Sometimes if you eat a meal with only a little bit of fructose, it gets hidden in the food and is less irritating.

But on an empty stomach, if an apple, honey, or gatorade sets you off... it is fructose. Doctors can test for this. I can remember as kid, throwing up if I ate pears! I didn't discover this until 5 yrs ago, that it was the fructose in it.

Eating smaller portions also may help if you have some other problem. Large food meals, stretch the receptors in the GI tract and in some people this causes more serotonin to be released and more motility results. (this is called the gastro colic reflex).

There is also a condition where the gall bladder puts out too much bile. This will stimulate motility to emergency proportions in some people.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-habba-syndrome.htm

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote