View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Urgent care usless

SO since my rash was spreading and not getting better my doc's office had me go to urgent care. I went I explained what was going on. My new PCP had me stop Cymbalta and Nortriptyline. And gave me Hydroxyzine for the itching. but I was still itching like crazy and the rash which had been along mu lower right jaw last night moved to the entire face late late last night and this morning. The urgent care doctor says it's the Tramadol...I told him I've been taking that since I got hurt 10-25, with -0- side effects other than constipation. That I didn't itch or anything on it and that i had read that Cymbalta has a "more serious" side effect of a rash/allergic reaction. And that my doc's officer sent me. He said well itching is a "narcotic" side effect. And that he highly doubts it's the Cymbalta. He didn't know what CRPS is until I said RSD then he looked at me like I was crazy, or something. He said I won't prescribe pain pills, I told him my pain is fine right now, that I needed help cuz the Hydroxyzine wasn't helping much with the itching and poss allergic reaction to the Cymbalta. He again insisted it wasn't the it was the Tramadol and prescribed some Prednizone?

Grr. anyways the rash IS starting to tone down a LOT less red than last night!! And since I'm still taking the tramadol I willing to bet its not the problem! I and still pretty Itchy but better than yesterday! Hopefully we will try one of the other medications soon as my arm and feet are hurting pretty badly right now, but at least I'm not peeling off my skin trying to get it to stop itching!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote