View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A strange triad of symptoms these last few days

Monty is doing better in the mornings now and eating well, but he's dealing with a new series of events. They have occured 3 times in the past week.
Usually in the morning he's wobbly and uses the walker. He'll sit down and report a fullness in his head. Then he experiences an onslaught of very deep depression and has told me "here it comes". He then begins sobbing that lasts anywhere from 5 minutes to 20. After I comfort him and just let him cry his mood lifts. Within minutes of the end of crying his mood is very good and his balance is strong and stable. The generalized level of depression has been a problem since the fall, but this is the first time that the overall depression and balance problems have resolved after crying.

What do you think might be causing this?
I need help and advice taking care of my husband. He sustained his concussion on 12/22/12 falling from the kneeling position face down on our tile floor. Impact was over his left eyebrow. Second concussion in same place 6 years ago. Hospitalized 3 days at end of Dec. Symptoms are mild compared to what many of you are enduring. Vision OK, no significant headaches, using a walker for balance, sensitive to light and sound. He's depressed (no history of mood disorders until now). Seeing excellent primary care doc who has put him on probiotic/vitamin therapy. The new Neurologist is wonderful with lots of mTBI experience. Next steps are brain wave testing probably followed by vestibular therapy, plus a 24 hour EEG. I am deeply grateful to all of you for your help.
ptcabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote