View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My money is still on Cymbalta being the cause, although Nortriptyline is still a possibility. It's one or the other. If you search the web, you will find people that have had similar symptoms to you with Cymbalta.

If the tramadol was the cause, your symptoms wouldn't likely go away if you're still taking it! Don't need a medical degree to figure that one out. Simiple "cause and effect" principle at play here.

If rash goes away and your doctor is still interested in these two drugs, I'd be darn sure you reintroduce only ONE at a time. Introducing two drugs into your system at the same time is not good general practice. First of all, you don't know which one is helping if you get relief. And also, you don't know which one is responsible for side effects too! I'm leary of any doctor that does more than one thing at a time unless it's an emergency and then you throw the kitchen sink at it.

Gotta always be your own health care advocate. Do your own research and get multiple opinions. ALWAYS. Never be afraid to challenge opinions from professionals, even if it ticks them off. I've walked away from a number of doctors because they didn't know crap about CRPS. Some tried to pretend they did, some flat out admitted they knew little and have treated NOBODY with it. Disappointing, but this is what we are ALL dealing with.

You need to ask your doctors/therapists/etc. some point blank some tough questions. The first one is this: How familiar are you with CRPS and how many people have you treated with this condition? Please, please people....commit this sentence to your memory and don't be afraid to recall it when you are interviewing people for your treatment "team". And don't be afraid to walk away. This condition is widely misunderstood, even by professionals.

Good luck!

Last edited by birchlake; 01-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSsongbird (01-16-2013), LIT LOVE (01-18-2013)