Old 05-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrocuted View Post
I was electrocuted in 2002 and the nerves were fried in the soles of both of my feet. I do not have diabetes but I do have debilitating neuropathy in the soles of both feet. The Lyrica no longer provides relief. I have spent many long hours at night trying to get some sleep while I feel like I am standing in boiling oil and having nails driven into the soles of my feet. I would normally never consider taking my own life but sometimes when I am enduring this severe pain, I am unable to think clearly and I have come close to taking that irreversible step. I currently take 1,500 mg of Lyrica in AM and 750 mg at night. No physician will prescribe these amounts for me so I am always running out and waiting in agony for the next refill. I may not be alive when you read this. The pain has devastated my life and my will has been weakened greatly.
I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing e as most of us can. Pain really does cloud our thinking and makes all our days and nights gray. I am so sorry you have to endure this, nerve pain is one of the worst, I have have injuries in my life that have damaged nerves and it took a long time for them to heal but they did. During my suffering I too felt like ending it all.

I once touched a lamp that was metal and wet and got stuck to it. I had to pull my dead arm and hand off of it using my whole body. My arm fell limp and had pain after that for a few years. I tried so many things to relieve the pain and got varying degrees of relief but it was such a struggle. I dare not even try to suggest anything because you have probably already tried them. You do need to find a Medical doctor who will help you as so many posters have suggested. I don't use pain meds much myself but of late I hear advertised on T.V. "Pain Management Centers" They say "We will find the source of your pain and if there is a cure we will offer it." I'd give that a shot. They probably have connections with doctors in your area who can help you. Yes, PAIN Sucks. Trying to find a doctor on your own is hard enough when your well and pain free, you need a whole bunch of people who can work on your behalf.

I will be watching this thread. I hope you will find the correct solution to this terrible problem. Your NOT alone.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote