View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
Thank you for your thoughtful post.

I quoted the above because it is a good reminder. My PN has not been "cured" over the time that I have been taking supplements, but it is quite a bit better in many regards, and, considering that my doctors wrote me off as hopeless and incurable-untreatable, I know that I am making meaningful progress.
I know exactly what you mean. I have discovered that PN is a disease of horrible symptoms that works on two fronts - one is the actual pain of it -and the second is the depression and anxiety that comes along with it. If we could honestly separate the depression and anxiety it causes, it would be a lot easier to deal with.

It's my understanding in all honesty from those who have PN, as well as doctors that are experts in the field, that PN DOES improve - MANY times to the point were it is truly healed or fades to the point where it doesn't affect your quality of life much. If it wasn't for the flare-ups I have every month - I would already be at that level. ...Either one would be fine with me.

But echoing your point here: even if PN is permanent for some it does NOT mean that your level of suffering is. By far, most people WILL get better and it's best to remember this.

I also pasted a "Positive" link below to a guy who had a very similar situation to mine, but he took the drug 3 weeks longer than I did. It's the response from the doctor at the bottom that's very interesting here, as he explains that PN nerve damage CAN indeed heal. ...Happy healing & God Bless.

http://www.justanswer.com/neurology/...cin-500mg.html
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-19-2013)