View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I did something terrible today

As you all know my MIL lives in a nursing home. My own Mom died almost 2 years ago so my MIL is my only Mom left. She is mentally ill but well controlled on meds and sometimes I think I am the only one who thinks there is something left in this woman worth knowing. She has this dilusion that a male aide that used to work on her unit is going to marry her. She started this when he had to get her ready for bed, dress her, etc. And you know how a lot of the medical staff call you honey. So she gave me this shopping list of padded bras, silk underwear (to wear over her diapers), long sexy lacy gowns, etc. We also needed to spend down some money quick or she would be in trouble with Medicaid so we bought a couple of pair of pants and blouses. So we got there today with the bras, undies, gowns and she met us at the door, "is that all you've got?" I told her that the two bags we had were full of stuff. She didn't like the bras, I only bought one pair of undies to see how they worked. I couldn't buy any white sexy lacy gowns because I didn't think that's what would be appropriate for a nursing home since she has worn jsut a hospital gown top for 9 years there. But she had also givne us the job of buying her a ring. So we bought her a cubic jerconinan (SP?) ring in the price range she had always bought her non fine jewelry. Well it wan't big enough. When I had shown her a picture of it on my phone she didn't like it and said she wanted a real diamond and she wanted a 1/2 carat diamond ring. I tried to tell her that would cost her quite a bit and she couldn't afford that. But she wanted it anyway. So we found her one that was a total of 1/2 carat but was small chips but put together was quite nice.

So everything I had busted my butt buying her she found something wrong in it, she had other purple blouses, why in the wolrd would I think she wanted another one. Even the cheap ring was two small. She wears a size 91/2 and we gha it sized a 10. We had it sized to her old ring. She coldn't hardly get it off her finger to almost throw it back at me but it was two big. The gowns weren't white, the cocoanut oil soap wan't creamy looking enough. The hair conditioner was family size and how could she use that.

So I just stood up, took the sacks of the things to be returned and walked out. My husdand left an hour later. I feel terrible for leaving like that but when I told her how many days it had taken me to do this shopping and how tired it had made me she was still complaining. She calls 4 times in the mornings while we are still asleep and doesn't say a thing. So when we listen to the message it's just nursing home sounds.

Anyway, I feel bad for walking out but yet I had to let her know how she made me feel

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-18-2013), Erika (01-18-2013), SallyC (01-18-2013)