View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with Mark. To date I have seen two nuerologists, two pcps, a orthopedic spine surgeon, psychologists, and physical therapists. Most at best are skeptical of what I was trying to describe. In my opinion mTBI or concussion is not well understood in the medical society. Yes there are those rare few doctors who really help you.

My long term pcp helped me. It had more to do with the extreme change I went thru and he recognized that. It was over two or three visits unrelated to my concussion that he wittnessed this difference. Finally after 4 months and noticing that I was not getting the medical care I needed he stepped in. Prior to that he would counsel me to trust the nuero and just talk to him. I am so thankful for his intervention it made all the difference.

I know your struggles and how awful this injury is. I still struggle and believe it will affect me all the rest of my life. I have learned I am different but I am still able to contribute. My family and immediate co-workers have been great support. At first it was a struggle to find any joy in the day. Especially in the early months when the pain was the worst. With time and focus I practised celebrating any small joy until with alot of time I recovered to the point that the anxiety subsided and the pain is much reduced.

Find the best doctor you can. I have heard more good reports here from those have seen physiatrist than any other dr. so that is an excellent piece of advice.

Best of luck.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jinga (01-18-2013), MiaVita2012 (01-18-2013), MsRriO (01-17-2013), musiclover (01-19-2013)