View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Do I Have A Movement Disoder?

Hi Everyone. For the past two months I have been twitching/jerking uncontrollably. It feels like I'm having a spasm in my lower stomach that makes my whole upper body twitch/jerk. It's the worse at night when I'm laying in bed watching tv or trying to go to sleep. I never know when my body will do this and at times I get multiple spasms that make me twitch/jerk over and over again. It sucks trying to fall asleep because this keeps me up and then if I wake up for just a second from sleeping, I start the twitching again. I get it also though out the day but not as bad because I'm moving around doing stuff. I finally gave in and saw my PCP who has referred me to a neurologist...which is a month wait. (I took so long to see my PCP because my health insurance is horrible). I've noticed when I'm stressed or nervous because I keep thinking there is something wrong with me...my twitching/jerking increases. Does anyone experience this? I feel like I'm going crazy. I think to myself that I'm doing it to myself but in reality I can't make myself twitch/jerk on command. Could it just be stress but I don't feel like I super stressed. I guess I'm just really nervous and feel like I'm some crazy person who is making oneself twitch but I do know deep down that I'm not making myself twitch.
kimberlylynn18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote