View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy

Anne,

The other thing to try is a foam roller for your body. Using it daily allows you to give yourself myofascial muscle relief for your legs, butt, hips, back even arms.

As a 49 year old female and extreme athlete with severe back problems that began in 6th grade (have had 100s of surgical procedures, tried: injections, pumps, meds, PT, meditation, everything known to man to reduce pain and remain mobile) finding this simple device to "roll out" the pain in my legs, butt, hips and back everyday is amazing.

I purchased the foam roller on line - google it. I started with a medium density roller and as I got used to it I graduated up to a "nubby" roller which is a life saver for me.

When I first tried the roller it was difficult to perform the movements because my muscles were so tight and it hurt a lot - but it is supposed to hurt at first. Do not give up! Stick with it and in three days it gets better and even releases a lot of pain.

It is like giving yourself a body massage....truly amazing. I paid about $40.00 dollars for the roller and it is worth it. You can go on line and find many ways to use these rollers.

Also, you might ask your doctor to prescribe a TENS unit for you. It provides impulses that interfere with how your brain perceives pain. TENS is an acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Neurostimulation System (or something like that )

Praying helps alot to in order to get guidance and help in coping....

K
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote