View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much for your time and information Bryanna...I feel more confident with knowing what the heck is going on in my mouth after reading through all this stuff.

Now I can have a much better conversation with my dentist to figure out what the best course of action for me is.

Thanks again for all your time and help...you're really making a difference for people one post at a time!

I'll keep this thread updated if anyone else is reading along with similar issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Alan,

When a dentist says this root canal will be %%% effective or this will cure your infection.... the translation of that is... this is a temporary measure to "retain" an infected/inflamed tooth for an undisclosed amount of time. The procedure actually causes inflammation and trauma to the tooth and surrounding periodontal ligament, etc .... if the tooth eventually calms down from the procedure, it is considered to be successful. It is just a matter of time before symptoms show again and they may at that point actually involve a nearby tooth. Often times, as in your case, the symptoms are silent until the bacteria has progressed passed the tooth into the bone and/or show up on an x-ray, the tooth feels sore or loose, the tooth discolors or swelling occurs.

My whole point in sharing this information with you and whomever else is reading this is simply to make it clear that the longer these teeth are present, the more deterioration will occur making replacement of them more complicated and more expensive. All dental offices see this exact thing every day and yet patients are rarely, rarely, given enough information to make an informed decision. The option of extraction and replacement is briefly mentioned, if at all, and once the patient says... "but I want to keep my tooth"... the discussion about removal goes no further.

On the health side of all of this.... all of our teeth correlate with other areas/organs of our body. Here is a link to show those correlations...one at a time click on the teeth on the chart that have root canals and see what areas these teeth are directly associated with....

My intention is not to push you in any direction, just to give you the opportunity to be well informed.

All the best to you!
Bryanna
alan.duda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote