View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi everyone, newbie here. Turning 50

I knew I was Hydro Cephalic since diagnosis at age 9. All I was ever told through life was, don't hit your head. But I was told I would have to try harder to keep up with everyone else. I had a stress ulcer and lost 90% of my stomach during my original hospital stay. Most issues I have ever had came from the stomach issues, and those were all due to scar tissue issues. I was a study case when diagnosed as they did not yet know much or anything of "Onset Hydro Cephalic condition. It was said I must be like a miracle to have survived so long. I only had two brain surgeries at the age of 9. The shunt being put in during my second. Since, I have lived what I think may be an above average life. I won Music, Art, and Photography awards, became a three palmed Eagle Scout, went to college and eventually earned a degree, married a body builder young grandma at age 27 and became an instant PaPa. I went to the Philippines the summer after 9/11. And I have a small but world outreach ministry. We are all different as others have said. I was told of my life expectancy of 30 at age 33 while my wife was losing her battle with Cancer. Point is... I am soon turning 50 in February. No one knows the future. Live life to the fullest possible, considering our individual conditions. Cherish what we have now. And thank God for having each other for all this support. I have been seeking to find you for a long long time now. Thank you again for being here. I am definitely here also for you.
willyben is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote