Thread: Eye Glasses
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Eye Glasses

My eyesight has gotten slightly worse and when checked out by the eye doc, she said it was optional if I upgrade to a stronger prescription. I decided to go for it and thought it may help the concussion symptoms if I can see more clearly.

When I tried the new glasses on, it instantly felt "not right", very dizzy and a pulling sensation in my left eye. The eye doc said it could be due to the curve of the lens so ordered in a different curve. I tried these ones on, and while it was a bit better, it still didn't feel quite right.

The lady there was telling me to give it a one week trial and trying to convince me by saying "the brain is a miraculous organ in what in can adjust to"

When I got my very first pair of glasses (which was about 2 months after my concussion) I had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. I just put on the glasses and could see better. Simple as that. I was expecting a similar story line the second time around.

I am very hesitant to take this new pair. I wasn't expecting to have such issues with them. The strength isn't that much different from my first pair (the prescription isn't very strong in the first place- I can still legally drive without my glasses).

Anyone have similar experience or advice? If its likely I will adjust to them quickly, I may go for it, but at this point in the recovery I would rather avoid anything that could potentially make things worse.
  • Symptoms: Headache and fatigue
comeback_kid_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote