View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nanc,

I have not gone through that specific process, but my impression is that it must be somewhat similar to the WC battles and SSDI approval process that I have been through.

What exactly did your FCE say/conclude ?

I'll give the example of one filled out for me (and I forget the exact details, so I am making up these numbers.....) My PCP wrote that I could stand up to 15 min/hour, then multiplied that times an 8 hour shift, for a 2 hour total of standing per 8 hours. He also wrote that I could sit for up to 30 min/hour, then multiplied that times an 8 hour shift, for a 4 hour total of standing per 8 hours. That makes it look like I could do something that involved sitting and standing for 6 hours. Those numbers are my max. That also doesn't account for the 15 minutes each hour (or more) that I usually have to be laying down. Not many jobs can accommodate that. A FCE that just looks like I could sit/stand for 6 hours could and did sink me in my initial SSDI application.

Look closely at what your FCE says/concludes. You may or may not feel comfortable posting that info here....and that's fine either way, as long as you look at it closely. Don't read it as someone KNOWING you and your history. Read it as someone trying to figure out if there is ANY way this person can do ANY work for a few hours a day.

You may need your physician to write up a more specific FCE if he agrees that you are unable to work.

Best of luck. This is such a difficult process and the stress certainly doesn't help our pain issues.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (01-18-2013), Nanc (01-18-2013)