View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your response! I use warm salt water to clean the socket. I do feel the small granules from time to time but its very infrequent. As i mentioned above I plan on getting a second opinion on the graft. But do you feel that a implant is necessary in most cases for molar #31?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Curious,

Long before now the collagen material would be completely absorbed. This material is also not granules, it is soft and thin like a tissue. The bone graft material is granules... so that must be what you are seeing. If you are having infrequent, small granules coming out of the socket, that is normal. If you are "losing" the graft more than just as I have explained, then that is not okay.

How are you cleaning the socket? You should be thoroughly brushing and flossing all of your teeth while avoiding the socket. Only rinse with warm salt water. No irrigation or other mouthwash. Do not put anything in that socket to rinse it out as you will disturb the graft. Did your dentist give you post op instructions? Sometimes they neglect to explain things enough.

It is not usually a good idea to re-suture the surgical site. At this point there would not be enough tissue to suture closed, so they would have to cut and create a flap to suture.

Bryanna
Curious123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote