Thread: remand hearing
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
Its been 45 days since my remand hearing and stil no word. What a bunch of crap. Why do we have to suffer so long? I am so worried it will be denied again because of what the doctor they hired for my medical exam said. But they are suppose to put more weight on my doctor, in that case its a slam dunk. I dont know??? going crazy one day at a time in Michigan.
Don't give up yet. I also live in Michigan. Of course as I am told happens 99% of the time I was denied. Went before the judge October 17th. My attorney had prepared me when he found out the judge I was to go before didn't approve many cases (I have RSD/CRPS). I was ready to run out the door after that. When he asked what I would like to say and I started to review my typical day....he stopped me and said he had heard enough. My heart dropped at that point, but he said he was approving pending the neurologist eval the court had sent me to. Just this past Monday (the 15th) I received letter to tell me I had been approved. But it can still take 60 to 90 days to receive my first check. I am now awaiting my award letter to see what I will receive.
So, be patient. Yes, I know easier said than done and also frustrating. Hope you hear something soon.
anne523 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (01-19-2013)