Thread: Laser therapy
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Many Chiropractors do it...and some podiatrists.

The problem with it is where to point the laser, if you have such
global problems.

I am currently doing MORE research on bradykinin, which is the chemical culprit in my latest emergency. ACE inhibitor drugs cause an elevated bradykinin level, and this causes burning/swelling and joint pain.

So I would also ask if you have any tissue swelling with your burning. And redness at all?

I have redness on my forearms and neck. Increased joint pain which is like tendonitis sometimes.
There is a condition called angioedema, and this can be acquired like from drug reactions, or hereditary. Both increase bradykinin in tissues. Since I've had the one reaction during my pregnancy to another drug-hydralazine, the lupus angle is more likely for me. But hereitary angioedema... is difficult to track in some people. The only symptom I have that may point to that is gastrointestinal spells since childhood...but those were diagnosed as due to my twisted intestines. So it will be more testing at the doctor, I guess for me this year.

Right now I am looking into reducing bradykinin somehow.
Bromelain looks promising and I am going to try that:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2203073

I had a huge sudden surge in burning, from this drug Lisinopril just recently, which is clearing up since I discontinued it. But I wonder if bradykinin is a culprit in all over burning some get here on PN.
Bromelain is not a dangerous substance... so you might want to try it too?

Not expensive and on sale now with free shipping at Puritan's:
http://www.puritan.com/vitamins-herb...FeZDMgod6BYAiQ

I'm ordering some today in fact!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 01-20-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: clarifying bromelain
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote