View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Love NeuroTalk, Perhaps you can relate and advise.

Hi NeuroTalk. I've been scouring this website for months and I felt like it was time I could post. I have related to so many of your ordeals and I felt like it was time for me to post. I'll make this as short as possible. I entered the hospital in March when I had a 'Peripheral Neuropathy' in my feet on March 30th, 2012. I was told that it was either due to Guillain Barre or Disulfiram Toxicity. Due to the EMG results my Neurologist felt it was most likely due to Disulfiram Toxicity and I was not treated. Most of my symptoms went away (minus the movement in my toes) and I was able to climb a 15,000 foot mountain in October, I'm 30 and in fairly decent shape.

Around Thanksgiving all of my symptoms came back, but worse. I have weakness all over. I am exhausted. But recently I have noticed I can't move my forehead voluntarily, it does move involuntarily but very weakly. It's so strange. The thing that I want to know if anyone can relate to is my breathing issues. At first I was struggling to get a full breath. Now I have these throat spasms, they sort of exist below my chin and in my throat. It isn't very bad when I am at rest, I only really notice it when I am walking or talking, but it is really frustrating. I haven't found anything on the message boards about this and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I am currently undiagnosed and am working with a new Neurological team. I was prescribed Valium for the spasms but it doesn't really help. I start seeing the new Neurologist this week, but I was hoping someone else may be able to relate.

Thanks for listening. I wish everyone who reads this all the best, I know that if you are on this board you are struggling as I am.
hankster1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote