View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry. Mine started off something like this, after having a super duper bad pain at the dentist office...I had moderate to severe pain that moved. And after one procedure, I would have weird pains in my teeth that ping ponged from tooth to tooth as well. It worsened and worsened, and now the pain is outrageous and constant. I haven't heard of anyone getting better, but everyone is different. Perhaps if you get any infection treated with antibiotics and dont have any further physical work done, things will come down. Fingers crossed. But you have to have an experienced dental professional figure this out.

I got much worse and everyone I have communicated with has worsened when it comes to nerve damage and ATN. I understand that some people enjoy remissions from time to time, but with ATN they are uncommon. Also, with ATN, treatment is difficult. I hope that this is not ATN! Not sure an endodontist can help, but probably worth a try. I would consider seeing an oral surgeon not affiliated with this dentist and definitely see a neurologist, especially since the dentist himself mentioned the trigeminal nerve. I hope and pray this is not ATN!!!! Contact the Facial Pain Assoc in Fla. if it is confirmed and get the support of family and friends. Consider seeing a therapist if at any point depression sets in. Wishing you well.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 01-19-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-19-2013)