View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Unsure wether I should have SCS

Hi I'm new to this so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place. I'm having a spinal cord stimulator implanted in march and I am a bit unsure if I should go through with it. I have failed back surgery syndrome from two michrodiscectomys , I have been on a lot of different pain medication combinations and at the moment I am taking 6 x 50 tramadol 8 paracetamol and 600 pregabalin and 20 amatriptaline daily which only just takes the edge of my pain. I have been on a 16 day pain management program which I found very helpful but I still suffer with a lot of sciatic pain in mostly my left leg but also my right, and also lower back pain. I am 40 in march of this year and I feel I can't continue on the amount of pain meds I take for the rest of my life. I had the SCS trial in dec 12 and it was successful it was a bit of a strange sensation but one which I could learn to live with, the best part was the fact that I had a full 6 hours sleep without being woke up in pain. I have read some information on the SCS implant but I am worried about complications etc and I would be grateful if there is anybody who can tell me of their experiences with it, like the op itself, the recovery period, the battery life and anything else you feel would help me with my decision. I live in lancashire England. Thank you for reading my post I appreciate any replies Janeydon
Janeydon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote