Thread: C5 palsy
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Palsy by itself, as I understand it, means "paralyzed." So this means that your disc is paralyzed? I've never heard of such a thing.

And I've NEVER heard of a disc having palsy. I'm wondering if your doctor isn't handing you a line of whatever because he doesn't know what's wrong!

I might be totally wrong, and i'll certainly ADMIT it if I am! LOL But with the years of research I've done, I've never come across this. Maybe my eyes are failing me. It sounds to me like you have some inflammation & swelling going on, and that's what is pinching some nerves. Granted it would take a couple of months for this to take care of itself, but it would help to have some medication to help ease it. I'm SURE you have swelling in there - that's unavoidable, after surgery. Make sure you use some ice periodically. Use it for 20 minutes every 2 hours, and that should help with the swelling & inflammation. It should help with the pain too. My Neurosurgeon taught me this when I had surgery.

Anyway -- best of luck and I hope things work out well. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote