View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

In my case, I had the offending tooth removed and the area cleaned and biopsied. This made my pain worse. I thought i was doing the right thing, but the very next day my pain worsened and stayed that way. it sealed my fate. One of my neuros summizes it was nerve damage from the beginning (likely caused by the initial dental work) so this particular effort only made matters worse in my case.

Long story short: Sometimes I wonder if it was the graft that was put in after the tooth removal that was the final straw....but that period of time definitely heightened my pain and caused it to be 24/7.

Sadly, there are two schools of thought when it comes to root canals, but I know I personally would hesitate to get one again. One of my doctors puts it this way... He would hesitate to take any out, but absolutely would never put one in since we now know that they might be problematic.

I live in a large city and to the best of my knowledge only one or two dentists public ally adhere to the idea that root canals should be avoided, but then again, change is slow. It is still controversial. Just be careful and I think you probably would be best off in the hands of a highly respected oral surgeon...triple check his or her fpreferences with doctors and patients first. Definitely get a second or even third opinion Proceede with caution

Best wishes...this is a tough call.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-20-2013)