Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I tried 'em all

Pergolide, mirapex, requip agonists, MAOI-b inhibitors, selegiline and rasagiline, apomorphine injections for immediate rescue, tried Comtan, the C to O methyl transferase inhibitor. that sent me into my first wrestle with the dyskinesia monster, years before it showed up every day. I nearly totally flicked up my family because I was forced to retire in 2003 and was dx'ed in '97. I let PD get to me much too early. When it gets bad, you had better make sure that you have learned to accept your fate, and there's no time like now to deal with the things thar seem to visit so many of us YPWP. Things like broken marriages, dealing with living alone and forced to take ever increasing amounts of whatever, just to try our best to keep what human dignity that we have left before plunging over the event horizon. It's a tough row to hoe, but may the force of life be with you. Only YOU have the power to become empowered to develop the proper coping skills that will enable you to optimize your future. Depression WILL strike you. You will suffer loss after loss. I found that drugs can help, but do not offer a long term answer to anything. Just remember, PD treatment is currently limited mostly to treatment with chemicals, powerful substances that can lead to development of what amounts to drastic personality changes, and if you don't take charge of your mind, you'll lose it.
I can't stress enough, if you think you know that you have "pre-diagnosed" PD, or perhaps you have seen the monster in an aunt or a grandfather and just know what your first visit to a neurologist portends, then for gobs sake get long term care and life insurance NOW!!!
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote