Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default about that insurance

I managed to get both life and LTC just prior to DX 13 years ago but the companies are dusting off their old playbook and are going to screw we Boomers real good. It is working like this- My LTC was with GE and was the best available. Bragged that they had never raised their rate on an existing policy holder. Then somewhere along the line GE sold it to an in-house entity called "Genworth". Genworth discovered, much to their horror, that the Boomers are living longer than expected. So they have started doing like they did for the individuals who used to believe in that one too - they have begun dividing us up into pools of similar ages and jacking the rate up on a given pool as they approach the age where they will need it. You will be forced to let your policy lapse just before you need it. My premium went from $1000 a year ago to $1400 and now to $1700 and have made it clear that it ain't going to stop. The big insurors have milked us and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
Pergolide, mirapex, requip agonists, MAOI-b inhibitors, selegiline and rasagiline, apomorphine injections for immediate rescue, tried Comtan, the C to O methyl transferase inhibitor. that sent me into my first wrestle with the dyskinesia monster, years before it showed up every day. I nearly totally flicked up my family because I was forced to retire in 2003 and was dx'ed in '97. I let PD get to me much too early. When it gets bad, you had better make sure that you have learned to accept your fate, and there's no time like now to deal with the things thar seem to visit so many of us YPWP. Things like broken marriages, dealing with living alone and forced to take ever increasing amounts of whatever, just to try our best to keep what human dignity that we have left before plunging over the event horizon. It's a tough row to hoe, but may the force of life be with you. Only YOU have the power to become empowered to develop the proper coping skills that will enable you to optimize your future. Depression WILL strike you. You will suffer loss after loss. I found that drugs can help, but do not offer a long term answer to anything. Just remember, PD treatment is currently limited mostly to treatment with chemicals, powerful substances that can lead to development of what amounts to drastic personality changes, and if you don't take charge of your mind, you'll lose it.
I can't stress enough, if you think you know that you have "pre-diagnosed" PD, or perhaps you have seen the monster in an aunt or a grandfather and just know what your first visit to a neurologist portends, then for gobs sake get long term care and life insurance NOW!!!
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote