View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart oh good, and ... gloves for new cats? i mean on the people not the paws

Dear Donna,

Sounds like overall Derrick is taking this well. I am glad. I kinda thought he would be "ok" in this sense actually. He has been working with animals, including cats for a long time, and he loves animals. I just can't imagine him developing a sudden fear of cats. He knows these things can happen, especially with rescued animals, which may be not-so-tame. Some rescuees are also abandoned animals with history of abuse. All these animals are very wary and and any perceived threat will get attacked. I'm sure Derrick knows this from working at the shelter.

Anyway, I agree his picking up Christina seems positive, along with his planning to go back to work Tuesday. I don't think it is such a bad thing if he doesn't go in the area with the new cats for a while. He can work up to that, lol.

Also, where was he bitten... on a hand/arm? at the shelter, do they wear gloves - or have the possibility to do so - when handling the newer animals? i think i would if i were handling street cats, so to speak... until the cats gain enough trust in the people there to lessen their guard and defensive behavior. they are used to having to be "tough" cats.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-20-2013), butterfly11 (01-21-2013), DiMarie (01-21-2013), Dmom3005 (01-20-2013), Mari (01-21-2013)