View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Montos.

The pain is coming from the infected tooth. Any pain that you experience after the removal will not be associated with the tooth. It will be from the infection that has irritated the sinus and the surrounding bone. The sooner you have this tooth removed, the more likely you are to heal without long term residual pain. In your case it is not wise to have a bone graft put in at the same time as the removal because there is too much inflammation. You can do that later on after the area has healed and the pain is completely gone.

To remove this tooth is not trading one problem for another. It is getting rid of the source of your problem, period, before it gets worse.

This may be a complicated extraction because the tooth is very brittle and infected. Oral surgeons deal with this exact issue every day. At this point the sinus may or may not be involved. If you wait, the sinus will definitely be involved because the infection will spread into that area. The extraction usually does not create a problem with the sinus unless the sinus is already involved.

Yes, most people recover completely after the root canaled tooth is removed and the site is surgically debrided. Most definitely. Sometimes there are some complications that need to be treated but these are due to the long term infection. SO the sooner you have it out, the less likely you will have long term problems.

I know this sucks really bad. I hear ya! I am so sorry you were offered the root canal in the first place. I see this nonsense every day.... makes me so sad to see people go through this. Please use your intuition... let your pain guide you in the best direction.

Keep us posted.....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by montos View Post
Bryanna,

Thank you for your opinion. Yesterday the burning went down but now I am in terrible pain that moves from my upper tooth to my lower teeth to the front of my ear. It is almost as bad as when I first went for the root canal only nothing helps to take it away.

I'm just afraid that if this tooth is close to the nerve and this is the cause of all my problems then might not extraction make this worse?

How big a procedure is extracting a this molar? I've read it can cause a hole into the maxillary sinus that can be quite bad. I just don't want to replace one problem with a bigger one.
I don't care about the cost or the pain of the extraction, I just don't want this to get worse.

So you have seen people like me get better from this? Could this be a sinus infection perhaps?

God this sucks.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-21-2013)