View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Debbie

Why are you so doubtful about the diagnosis of SPS? Is is because you don't want to have yet another crappy diagnosis? Is it that you don't think much of the doctor who diagnosed you? Is it perhaps fear? Is it that you don't think you meet the profile for SPS?

Any of these would be more than understandable. I just wonder why you are not inclined to believe them in this new diagnosis. How sure have they said that they are about the diagnosis? Could you perhaps ask them to sit with you and explain slowly why they have come to the diagnosis and exactly how sure they are. If you thing they are just lost and this is clutching at straws then I could see why you are reluctant to take more treatments.

There is some decent information out there on the web about SPS although its very rare and poorly understood so you can imagine what that means! If there is anything else I can do to help then please just ask me. I had a clueless neurologist so I always am concerned that my SPS rule-out could have been incorrect. I share a lot of the SPS symptoms hence why they suspected it but they weren't able to do a lumbar puncture due to my movement problems so that meant they could never do all of the necessary tests.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (03-12-2016)