View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi!!

I had one tooth that already had a rootcanal done. but an infection underneath the root caused it to get infected again. after several courses of amoxicillin t was apperent that nothing would work. so I had it extracted. after a few days it started hurting insanely. even more than before. I did have a bloodclot but it had to be removed to clean out the socket. The tooth behind it also hurt, this one also had had a rootcanal in the past and a crown. and a dark spot underneath it. during the week i was treated for dry socket. and they gave me Metronidizole 400 mg to clear up the infected dry socket. seemed to get better at first. but now over a week after the extraction, other teeth in my mouth randomly start hurting. the one behind sometimes...some in front. some in my lower jaw ( the tooth extracted was the 1st molar on the left upper jaw) and some in the lower jaw on the other side aswell. they seem to taking turns. These teeth didnt hurt befor but have had work done on them. also cant really pinpoint which teeth are actually causing the problem. The actual dry socket seems to be doing fine at the moment.

Could the infected nerve just be the problem? ive been 3 weeks in pain and just want it to end....
shimura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote