View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had those concerns as well. When I see a doctor, especially early in the morning when my foot is at its best, it can be perceived that things are going better than they truly are. My foot is at its best (visibly) early AM and then gets progressively worse through the day with the hours of "weight-bearing" increasing the visible and pain symptoms.

What I did was take digital pictures of my foot on different times/days and then printed out LARGE color pics on my printer and brought those pictures along to the appointment.

As the old saying goes......"a picture is worth a thousand words".

I brought a few pics of my foot when it was very angry/red/swollen along with me when I saw my podiatrist this past week. Those pics generated some helpful discussion between us and he thanked me for bringing them along. Luckily, I have a great relationship with my podiatrist, which is so very necessary as he is the primary doctor on my treatment team.

As your appointment is this morning, this strategy might not work for this appt. but might be something to consider for future appointments. All you can do is to explain how you have differences in visible symptoms at different times / different days. If the doctor doesn't believe you, (not unusual) it might be time to consider a different doctor.

Good luck!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (01-22-2013), bfff2020 (01-21-2013), cinders999 (02-02-2013)