Thread: Back again
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM
anon6618

anon6618

Dear all, it's nice to have a warm welcome back.

Celeste, yes I have tried so far: mestinon (use 6 x 90 now, it doesn't do much, no side effects), imuran and cellcept (both didn't do a thing for the mg), methotrexate (did help a bit, but liverproblems in a few months), prednisone.
The other immunosupressants you have are kind of tricky, mostly because of the kidneyfailure thing, and the fact that I'm a young woman: risk of infertility and longterm cancer are just too big. And well, I really would try them if I knew they would help, but the other 3 didn't.
Ivig is tricky: I have also cryoglobulinemia, which makes the risk of acute kidneyfailure higher. And I have a history of anafylaxis (severe allergies) so that makes it scary to try rituximab, plasmapheresis or ivig...
But I guess I don't really have choice, but I find it very hard to decide what to try next. I mean, the medicine I tried so far got me in the hospital either way: they didn't work so the MG really got to me, or it did something stupid like making me crazy or eating my liver.
My neurologist (who is considered one of the top docs in MG) referred me to another neurologist, so that would be my...6th I believe?

Matilde, gee, I don't know! To be honest, I've done weird things in the last few months of 2012, being totally weird to people, and I don't know what more...I will send you a pm.

Quandry, exactly! If someone looked at me, I went totally paranoia, I put away cellphones, computers, camera's because I was convinced "people" tried to watch me and whatever more.
I don't understand how they can not call this kind of side effect serious...I believe this is much more damaging then all the other side effects like diabetes and heartfailure (I have them both because of it). Because it destroys your feelings, social life, thoughts, ánd can be a fysical harm...I didn't eat well, did't use my meds correctly, didn't clean myself properly, tried to kill myself. I really hated myself so much, I thought I was going to implode.
But still they don't take it as seriously as "oh my god you have high bloodpressure!".

Annie, what other kind is there? I've heard there are different kinds of steroids, but I only used one (pink ones, just prednisolone).

Anacrusis, I have missed you! I do hope you're okay.

Hope you're all okay. I just got food through tubes in my nose because I can't swallow much more. That's ******! But my lungfunction is what is the real pain in the ***, I hate not being able to breath properly. Anywho, I still don't need real oxygen (yet) so I'll postpone it until I really have to.

Last edited by Chemar; 01-21-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines on language
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (01-23-2013)