View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nanc, my wife received short term disability (6months) because of RSD. She worked in Benefits outside of DC. When her long term was due (2 year) her doctors were switched at the last moment (head of the pain center) in which the doctor explained for 15 minutes that my wife had RSD (in which we knew this for 3-4 years) And walked out on us never to be seen again. He denied her long term and told the employer she was just fine and dandy. This got the insurance company off the hook and sense my wife could not work, she could not return to work in which she was terminated, letting the employer off the hook. Since my wife worked in benefits she knew 3 years before hand how she would be terminated.

Nanc, be diligent and get all your ducks in order before the 6th month is up. Move that doctor squarely into your corner because you will need that doctors signature for the long term disability. If you don't get it you will be denied. If a spouse or family member can go with you to all your appointments that would be an advantage. Good luck!!
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (01-22-2013)