View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

im going to ***** about my legs here.

havent gotten into pain clinic yet for block

im doing tennis ball on wall pretty aggressively on my back. someone psoted about teres minor and i was like oh i dont think mine is bad, but its BAD full of trigger points from doing rotator cuff strengthening. i still say strengthening rotator cuffs is pointless when you have weak l. traps and s.as.

flipside, i cannot do tennis ball on the wall on my pec minor without tos flare. HRMM.

if i hadnt gone to 2 different neuros id be worried that i have MS

ive been strengthening my lower body, pre pt my hips were very much anteriorly rotated. so i had very tight hamstrings and low back ache but no neuropathy

so i believe i have overcompensated and sometimes i go into too much of a posterior tilt (this is easy to do because im hypermobile). now my hamstrings are fine however i have sciatica. i'm a "toe walker" . exercises which involve strengthening one glute/one side flare me up. also i have "groin pain" i guess..the tendon or whatever there is triggerpointish

after doing a few one legged exercises, and having a tos flare, i started to get REALLY heavy feeling in both my legs and major shin pain. needles all along my shins. it was like deja vu of my heavy arms from tos. the shin pain actually made me want to puke and ive read that people with l4 impingment are "heel walkers"..so i think that's what started happening to me.

bending foreward makes this worse
anything on one leg or where my hips shift to one side is bad

i saw a video on youtube about the mckenzie protocol for low back nerve impingment and sciatica where your back is hyperextended. i didnt expect it to help bc the position looks really irritating but it totally helped.

so now im back to anterior tilt land. trying to make sure i remember to breathe thru my diaphragm.