View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A bit of denial.

Thank goodness for the arts. They put sounds and shapes and words and pictures to the feelings we struggle to express.

I still feel that nature is playing a cruel and unfair joke on everyone with an illness like PD and MS and ALS and so on, and I am still offended and affronted. But cruel Nature is also so very beautiful. To be, as we are, as integral a part of nature and of the earth and of the universe as a tree or a blade of grass or the sea is a joy that fills the heart and mind to the point of bursting. I'd sing if I could, in celebration.

I'm elated to be alive, and I'm not going to let PD ruin my life. I'm so used to having PD by now that I try to keep it in the corner where 'things I don't want to dwell on' are bundled up in long term storage. And then I go about trying to have as much fun as I can, reading, watching birds, enjoying family and friends both off and on the computer. Thank you for many, many good 'conversations' dear forum friends. You are a part of the joy and the fun.

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote