View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi shimura,

All root canaled teeth are infected irrelevant of whether the infection shows radiographically or not. So in your case, the infection is showing on the xray as that black spot. Keep in mind that the black area is an infection in the jawbone. Why didn't the dentist remove both of these infected teeth instead of just the one?

All of the antibiotics in the world are not going to cure this infection. The tooth is the source of the infection and as long as the tooth is present, the infection will be present. The mouth is very vascular and infection travels easily through the blood stream. This should be a concern for you and it should have been explained to you by your dentist.

It is common to have what is called "referred pain" when there a lot of inflammation inside the jawbone. Sometimes people will have a visible swelling, sometimes not.

This is not something to let go because it will get worse. Talk to your dentist about removing your root canaled teeth if you want to rid yourself of chronic infection. Also discuss replacement options with him if you want to replace them.

Hope this information was helpful. Wish you the best..
Bryanna

shimra;949393]Hi!!

I had one tooth that already had a rootcanal done. but an infection underneath the root caused it to get infected again. after several courses of amoxicillin t was apperent that nothing would work. so I had it extracted. after a few days it started hurting insanely. even more than before. I did have a bloodclot but it had to be removed to clean out the socket. The tooth behind it also hurt, this one also had had a rootcanal in the past and a crown. and a dark spot underneath it. during the week i was treated for dry socket. and they gave me Metronidizole 400 mg to clear up the infected dry socket. seemed to get better at first. but now over a week after the extraction, other teeth in my mouth randomly start hurting. the one behind sometimes...some in front. some in my lower jaw ( the tooth extracted was the 1st molar on the left upper jaw) and some in the lower jaw on the other side aswell. they seem to taking turns. These teeth didnt hurt befor but have had work done on them. also cant really pinpoint which teeth are actually causing the problem. The actual dry socket seems to be doing fine at the moment.

Could the infected nerve just be the problem? ive been 3 weeks in pain and just want it to end....[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote