View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi ashestowake,

Your dentist may convince you to keep this tooth. Keep in mind that once a tooth is this inflamed, the nerve is also infected. There is no cure for an infected tooth other than to remove it. Root canal therapy is a procedure that may give you some additional time with this tooth but it will remain infected the entire time.

It makes me laugh when a dentist tells a patient.... "he is stumped" when this exact thing is seen every day in most dental offices. He just does not want to admit that he closed up a hot tooth and now the pressure is causing additional pain.

If you want to rid yourself of a chronically infected tooth, then consider having it removed. If you wait, than sooner or later you will be right back to where you are right now. You can discuss replacement options with your dentist.

Sorry for the bad news... I just tell it like it is. Something your dentist should be doing....

Let us know how you're doing..
Bryanna
Bryanna. But there are several more complications to it. First off there is just a lot of pressure in that general area of the mouth. I first wen tto the dentist about a month ago with the problem. he then saw a deep cavity in one of my teeth and filled it. The pain remained. The he did a partial root canal on the tooth and it also remained. I don't even know if its that tooth! I just feel pain on the upper right side of my mouth and my jaw hurts as well. So I wish I could say I knew it was that tooth and we could go from there. But the truth of the matter is, I have no clue where the throbbing pain is coming from.
ashestowake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote