View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is been a most interesting month. In spite of changing back to Requip XL from the generic, I still experienced negative physical symptoms from my Parkinson's. Most annoying was that for 4 to 6 hours each day I felt a random nausea, although I never got sick. I continued to be tired as well. A week ago I switched over to Neupro, 4 mg and waited until today to report on my reaction to it. I felt no sense of nausea for the last seven days. When my cross-country skis fell off the car on my 90, I ran about 200 yards to get back to the skis to call them off the middle of the freeway. (Check out my Facebook page Nan Little to see the beautiful ski.) It was worth losing the ski to realize that I could run 200 yards. I spent the next four days snowshoeing with my friends at Mission Ridge ski area, going up and over and down slopes that I never dreamed I would do again. right now I am up at Whistler Mountain in British Columbia looking forward to four days of downhill skiing with my husband.

To celebrate all of this good news, my son and I signed up to ride the STP bike ride July 13 and 14. Thank heavens he's a really strong cyclist because the STP is 200 miles in two days riding from Seattle to Portland. Along the same lines, I was asked if PFP would like to be the beneficiary of a fundraising ride here in the Seattle area on July 21. I hope my son will stick with me so we can ride the fundraiser on a tandem as well.

FYI, for Christmas I got a new MacBook Pro that has a remarkable dictation device. My right hand can hardly type anymore so this is an amazing addition to my life. It's strange that my gross motor skills and my cognitive skills are doing so well, whereas the fine motor skills in my right hand continue to take a dive.

Today was a milestone of sorts. Exactly 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson's and the day after the diagnosis my husband and I drove up to Whistler to go skiing. I remember how totally terrified I was at the time. Both of the disease and my ability to follow through with skiing anymore. Now we're talking about buying new skis and boots for me, even though it might be a silly idea.

Anxiety continues to be one of my biggest problems, that and the tremor that goes crazy when I get anxious. My husband tells me to consider all of the things that make me anxious as just adventures. I think he's right.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (01-22-2013), TrishaPDX (01-29-2013)