View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should I be worried? (Blood pressure readings)

When I went for my post op, my doctor was on vacation or something so I was sent to a newbie doc that doesn't do this surgery and wasn't even a vascular surgeon. From the way he examined me and the fact that I have to go in for another post op less than 2 weeks later, I can tell that this was just a spot-check to make sure that my incision wasn't festering or something.

Anyway, while I was there, they took my blood pressure in both arms. Usually my blood pressure is low and I never get readings above 120/80. While I was in the hospital, every time they took my blood pressure I was somewhere around 90/60. When I was at the doctor's office, my right arm was 130/90 and my left arm was 100/60.

I've read that this can signal blood flow issues with the artery and since the main reason I had surgery was for arterial TOS I'm a bit concerned. Less than 3 weeks post-op... should I be? Or just ride it out?

Also, I've been having sensations lately of not being satisfied with the amount of air I'm getting. I'm not really short of breath. I can talk, walk, and whatever but on and off I feel like I'm just not getting enough (especially in the morning) and I was wheezing a bit today with a bit of a wet feeling in my lungs. I feel better now... but of course my imagination is running away with me.

Advice please?
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote