View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Three weeks post op and I'm feeling about the same as I did 1 1/2 weeks post op. I know I really need to get into PT but apparently the surgeon who saw me for my post op appointment thinks that should be left up to my actual surgeon to order. I'm frustrated. I know I need PT and it takes a couple weeks after a prescription is sent for it for everything to be scheduled. I'm really scared about frozen shoulder or other nasty things happening while I'm waiting for someone to decide to care enough to get me some help.

Physically, I still have some pain behind my left shoulder blade and tightness in my left pec minor, my entire chest, and my entire neck- front and back. I'm taking baclofen only these days and it's just not doing the job. I've got one day left of it and my doctor's office doesn't want me on any more pain relief of any kind, but, won't help me feel better by giving me a PT rx either!

I'm not doing so much sleeping and my incision is healing up as nicely as can be expected so at least that's good. My arms are feeling better but I still have numbness and tingling when I raise my arms up. I'm hoping this is just one of those things that takes time to fix but between the disparaging blood pressures in my arms, the tingling/numbness when raising up my arms, and the crazy muscle spasms, I'm left wondering if perhaps this surgery wasn't as successful as it could have been if they had released the left pec minor and removed the scalenes instead of letting them just kinda hang out.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (01-22-2013)