View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have this all the time as well. Before my TOS first started, I went to a doctor because my right shoulder was cracking and popping. 4 months later is when TOS really took off. Anyway yes muscle imbalances are a big problem for me. I have currently been working with PT and going to a massage therapist, who also does active isolation stretching with me. The improvements have been slow, but there have been significant improvements the last few months. I can tell you that I stay on top of all my therapy and stretching at home as well. I currently do not work, so it has been easy for me to set a routine. I also don't push myself trying to be macho. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps. I can not say it enough. I use to workout all the time being in law enforcement, and now using 1 and 2 pound weights has been a hit to the ego, but it is what is needed. We had a saying in SWAT to check your ego at the door, because we had to always criticize when guy messed up in training or on call outs. You had to have thick skin to improve your skills. Well today I use that same saying when doing my therapy. I can tell you that some exercises, I started with no weight and I am only up to a pound or two doing more reps. So if your going to do it right, you don't want to overdo it.
brmr19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote