Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I have been having problems with my blood sugar for a few months now. At first I had problems with my doctor because they kept trying to tell me it was just anxiety and kept pushing antianxiety drugs at me. It is now showing up on blood tests as prediabetes. I have no idea why this happened as I am not overweight, don't eat alot of sugar, don't drink alcohol or smoke, and was exercising. I am desperate for any information on how to control it at this point and keep it from becoming worse. Would appreciate any comments on supplements or diet links. If I am lucky it will get under control before it becomes a bigger problem. Can blood sugar problems in the body come from another source, or is it all to do with the pancreas and insulin?
Yes, Cushing's syndrome (a metabolic problem with pituitary/or adrenals) can cause sugar problems--elevations. Using steroids for inflammation will also raise blood sugar.

Are you having LOW blood sugar during the day? This is typical of pre-diabetes.
you control that with smaller more frequent meals and less carbs of high glycemic value (breads/pasta/some fruits/sugar/cookies etc)
Increasing protein and good fats while reducing high glycemic carbs can help alot.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote