View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm not super-careful

about avoiding food around med-time, but I try to avoid taking them (sinemet) when I have a full stomach. The simultaneous CR/IR approach may be providing some leeway relative to small, lower protein meals. I never take them sooner than at least an hour after a normal, regular meal, or less than a half hour before a regular meal. Occasional low protein snacks between meals don't seem to affect efficacy of meds. For me, with no apparent gastroparesis, adequate stomach emptying rate may be key to success of my regimen.

As long as the present regimen works, and my dyskinesia remains as mild as it is, I see no advantage in using a patch to administer meds, especially with a dopamine agonist! (If it ain't broke....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
how do you handle food? i've read CR takes longer to kick in with food but lasts longer.
i also take both to provide that "baseline" but try to stagger them a little, eating a little something with no protein with the CR. haven't really experimented with this.

ever thought about trying neupro? i see there are current studies testing switching from oral agonists to neupro, and i'd love to switch to a patch with the constant on but couldn't tolerate agonists.
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (01-22-2013)