View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southblues View Post
I thought that one that said the following would be good.

Myasthenia Gravis
Support Respiration

What do you think?
I have Myathenia Gravis and worked on an ambulance for 6 years.

My advice is to get a Medic Alert subscription, they have programs for low income people. Get a bracelet and wear it daily. Even in the hospital, the medical people will flip it over and read it on your wrist. and they pay attention, they take that bracelet seriously.

I knew what MG was when I worked on the ambulance and did not have it. It was talked about in our classes.

On my bracelet it says Myasthenia Gravis, Use drug precautions. Which says to the med people they need to be very careful giving meds. that's something they can not know without the bracelet.

Any trained medical person can see you are having breathing difficulties, there is no need to put that on the bracelet.

In an emegency I would NEVER open anyone's purse or wallet. We just handed them to the cops immediately. they didn't open them either. No one wants to be accused of stealing. often purses and wallets are never opened.

My advice is get a bracelet, they are easy to see and medical people in all situations pay attention to them.

Medic Alert has a phone number, anyone can all it and they will pull up your information and help the medical people.

that was really the best service we used when I worked on the ambulance, it is the only one I would recommend. even their international service is outstanding.

Last edited by reynolds_km; 01-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.
reynolds_km is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
korbi_doc (01-26-2013), Marin826 (01-22-2013), seishin (01-22-2013)