Thread: narcotics?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I took it for a burn, 10 days later (after they discharged me from the hospital, and I was on the pills only) I decided not to take one, see how I did. I was in full blow withdrawal, major body shaking, feeling freezing. Took another pill and I was totally fine. Doc didn't believe it because I never got up past 1 pill at a time, but I'm sensitive. It took me 6 weeks to get off of it, down to 1/4 a pill at a time. To have to be addicted to that, physically and not mentally, was really hard. I didn't want to take it, but my body made me. I'm really scared about the need for opiates or narcotics in the future. Vicodin either doesn't work or makes my stomach upset. I've tried Ultram and it made me puke and my body hated it.

I will fight being put on pain meds as long as I can, but I do smoke pot every single day (I'm in CA, it's prescribed). I can do that and be a functional human being (cook dinner, clean, be a parent), and not go into withdrawals if I don't get it. I think that's a big thing, me being able to work and function without pain meds. I know a lot of you out there are a lot worse than I am, and in a year I might eat my words. I keep seeing posts by docs that say "my clients are on XYZ and Methadone", ugh, I can't imagine taking something that strong. I feel for you that have to deal with it.

You doc needs to find something to replace the Oxycodone! Or you'll self medicate, right?
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote