View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hello All! I need some help. I have applied for disability through my work's short-term/long-term disability insurance carrier. They have denied my claim even though records document RSD/CRPS in my face and all four extremities. Does anyone with RSD who has gone through this process have any tips or recommendations for me?The medical review staff with the insurance company said that I could do sedentary work and my records did not indicate otherwise.

I had a functional capacity evaluation (FCE), but it only tested my strengths and weaknesses. It did not test anything related to using my hands all day at work, etc.

I am obviously going to appeal, but would appreciate any helpful information.
Thanks!!
Nanc
Hus was on short term then went to long term after company said there was no job he could any longer. He was approved for long term but we had to agree to apply for ssdi, which we did. Got denied. They provide us an atty to go to next step, the ALJ hearing. The rule with most LTD's is first year "you can do your current job". The 2nd year, it's you can't do any job. Read your long term papers and what they say for first, second year, etc.

The insurance companies do rely on what is in your med record per your doctors, etc. You need a doctor in your corner for your diagnosis.

No exp with your disability diagnosis, but do wish you the best....
Ironbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (01-22-2013)