Thread: rant
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Peter,

I can relate since I posted a similar post looking for re-assurance earlier in my recovery and I think Mark gave me some similar responses.

I started feeling much better around 6 months and had returned to work, had a setback then anxiety hit me pretty hard. I only started to recovery properly once I relaxed and focused on my sleep and anxiety issues. If those 2 are issues for you deal with them as soon as you can, I found everything else slowly fell into place afterwards.

Dealing with a brain injury is quite difficult, many of us have difficulty with the concept of Brain rest vs physical rest. I still avoid busy public locations or family restaurants during busy hours. I am 14 months along and back to work not but did not really start getting better until my 9th month.

As for your question about being yourself. It depends how you define yourself. If you were a boxer you likely should stop boxing and may feel a sense of loss until you find another purpose. I find that I am more relaxed and casual towards life than before my injury, I can play with my kids, go to work and be mostly normal with some exceptions that are still improving.
srgallan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MsRriO (01-23-2013)