Thread: narcotics?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am on narcotics, running a household of 5 and homeschooling, so I hope that you didn't think I was being judgmental.

Rrae, you must have been on OxyContin, oxycodone is cheap. We pay out of pocket up to our deductibles and mine runs about $45 month.

You are asking for more ideas but being dismissive of the ones offered. It DOES matter how you approach doctors about pain medication, and being all freaked out isn't going to help your cause, no matter how much you genuinely need it or how incompetent and uncaring the doctors may be. I have been to my share of nasty doctors. My neurologists dismissed me because there is no treatment and "they don't do pain management." I am fortunate to have a family doctor of more than twelve years who works with me and understands me, but this is rare. You have to build trust somewhere. It does sound like you need to find a new doctor, but try not to carry hostility and resentment into the office with you.

It is fine to vent on here, but it won't get you anything in a doctor's office. They are unfairly inclined to think all women are hypochondriacs and hysterics as it is.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-23-2013), malawigirl08 (01-24-2013), Rrae (01-24-2013)