View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No lie...I have tears in my eyes. I've come to realize that I might be developing PTSD or something akin to it when it comes to dentists sand dental issues. My friend went to the dentist the other day and I felt sadness until she told me she was "ok." My husband is the same way and I wish I was exaggerating when I tell you, he refuses to even get his teeth cleaned. Even I tell him that is foolish, but he is actually worse than myself (if that is possible). I went to a professional Monday re: getting some help for my ATN and to my SHOCK AND HORROR she told me a relative of hers is in Dental School and HE is NOT optimistic about dentists!!! He is very bright as he came from another very difficult profession and has other advanced degrees first. She reported that he told her the other day that 99% of his classmates don't seem to understand the material and he is literally terrified of what is going to become of them when they actually get their degree and become dentists. All this was unsolicited. I told her my story (the super short/unemotional version) and she told me THAT and then added to be very careful when chosing a dentist. AMEN. That is the message that I try to say here. PLEASE! And so many of us are caught off guard with pain or have faith in the dentist because, after all, he or she went to "dental school." And getting second opinion is often difficult, time consuming and/or expensive. But it is vitally important. Wishing you continued good healing Montos.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-23-2013)