View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You all are so wonderful. Thank you for getting back to me so soon.

Bizi, you are right. I do not want to see her sick and going downhill. Our other cat just fell over and died one night. It was hard to lose her but at least she was well until she went. I hate to see my little girl suffer.

Dmom, I do not think now is the right time to get another cat. Our current cat is so territorial she would be upset. Our animal shelter has so many cats it will not take any more so I know adopting a new one will not be a problem. We plan to get 2.

Waves, I don't think she is depressed because the whole thing started with her vomiting. I originally thought she had a blockage but the x-rays didn't show anything. Then I thought she was constipated but the enema did not help her appetite. I really think her GI tract is just slowed down and is stopping. That sometimes happens with humans too, especially if they have diabetes or other circulatory problems. I'm sure if we took the time and money someone would be able to find out what is wrong with her. The problem is we live in a very rural area and there are not alot of "experts" to see. The other thing is even though I mourn her and love her, she is still a cat. We have already spent too much money on her vet bills and cannot afford any more. I think part of my problem is that I am really feeling my lack of friends along with the loss of my second best friend (my H is my first). I know I will get over this. I just need some help right now.

I dread the day we decide to end it all. I don't think I can be there when they give the injection but it is not fair to my H or cat to abandon them at that time. I am tired of being everyone elses shoulder to cry on and crutch to support them through the hard times. I want someone to take care of me this tiime. There isn't anyone. There never is.

Last edited by knittenkitten; 01-23-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: correct spelling
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-23-2013), butterfly11 (01-25-2013), DiMarie (01-23-2013), Dmom3005 (01-23-2013), waves (01-23-2013)